Stuck on 1st layer

Which feature are you having trouble with?
Hey there! I recently purchased a potterbot micro 9 and ran the tests included in the software but the gcode is from 3D Simplify. I set up printer settings on potterbot accordingly

When I upload the gcode file to potterbot, it starts the first layer and is stuck on that layer, doesnā€™t move upā€¦ trying to figure out what the difference is in the code- any help is appreciated. :slight_smile:

POTTERWARE Version: 4
Browser: Chrome
Operating System: Windows 10

Hi, if you upload your problematic Gcode here I can try to offer some advice. Thanks.

@SandyCurth Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the help! And would like to understand this better.

Form Test Sine.Tooth.gcode (114.3 KB)

Ahh I think your issue may literally be the name of the file. You canā€™t have an extra period in the name. That will make this a ".tooth"file. When I load the file as ā€œForm Test Sine.gcodeā€ it looks like it should work normally. Though your speed seems a bit low but that is something you can experiment with on the machine or in potterware.

So I just gave that a go and the machine started to make a terrible sound :worried: but it continued to do the same circle and not move up. I then tried a test that came with potterbot and printed just fine without the terrible sound.

Hereā€™s the sample gcode that came with it- though it was created with 3D Simplify, I have yet to be able to point out the difference.

Test Vase Micro.gcode (194.4 KB)

@Tvlip did you try increasing the print speed? The code looks correct, the only anomalous thing I see is that your feedrate (the speed of the machine) is very low compared to a normal example file. You can increase this in Potterware with print speed, or you can change the number directly in a text editor. Potterware remembers certain settings in the browser so its possible if you were just moving sliders around when you first got the tool that this was set to a strangely low value. Let us know if that helps.

very strange! So, I fixed the settings now to an F2400 print speed. But the Z-Axis just isnā€™t moving up. Iā€™m noticing that all my ā€œZā€™sā€ on my code are all 0ā€™s but when I went ahead and deleted a few Zā€™s, nothing made a difference.

Did this problem ever get fixed or resolved??

Iā€™m having the same troubles with my Gcode from potterware 4.0. The Z axis will not move up during a print.